Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Radio Racism pt. 2 THE UPDATE

pt.2 on CT's war on MASS is coming i guess, im lazy.

anyways i was driving home from work today and i heard a ACOUSTIC GUITAR RECREATION OF EAZY-E's BOYZ In DA HOOD! This was on Radio 104.1 the subject of the previous post.

I really enjoyed the cover, but at the same time I thought it was pretty ridiculous. I understand it is ironic and funny to have a rock version of one of the most HARDCORE GANGSTER RAP songs EVER but it just feels weird to me that white boys being derogatory and violent and misogynistic is alright and acceptable but not the rap music it is based on. Of course, it is completely justifiable that the radio station chose to play this cover song and not the original because it was MUCH MORE in tune with it's rock format. Still, it adds to the weirdness i feel in regards to station 104.1's treatment of rap music described in the post below.

Here is the cover version of the song: I'm sure you can find the real version on youtube too. Both are really good songs, I kind of enjoy this acoustic cover, all weirdness aside.

No comments: