Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MMMmmmm Soft Serve Ice Cream



I always had an affinity for soft-serve ice cream. Soft Serve is just so creamy and cold and it feels good to slush around in your mouth before swallowing in a pleasurable gulp. As a kid, it was great fun choosing from the many different flavors and toppings and styles to create a perfect soft serve mix. I definitely enjoy soft serve more than its hard counterpart. Regular ice cream is a lot colder when it hits your mouth and it sucks when your ice cream gets freezer burned. Well, I guess regular ice cream has an advantage in that almost no one has the equipment to make soft serve at home. In anycase, soft serve is apparently surging as a fine cuisine treat or so the New York Times would have you believe. I found this article interesting. If you like reading about food while hungry at work, or want to learn more about everyone's favorite delicious summertime treat THEN CLICK HERE.


Also, the post about CT's war with MA in 1986 is coming up real soon, I talked to the guy who told me the story and got it in a lot more detail but I'm not really supposed to talk about it so I'll have to change some names and some inconsequential details.

No comments: